Meet our team
We provide maternity care that we adapt to meet the needs of you and your baby during pregnancy, birth and early days of parenthood by coordinating care for your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. We can do that because we have a modern maternity team with the skills and experience to listen, guide and support you to take informed choices about the maternity care you receive. Let us introduce you to our teams.
Community Midwife Teams
Our community midwives offer three models of care: traditional, continuity and caseload.
Midwives in the traditional teams offer community based antenatal and post-natal care to women in a defined area.
- Forest Team care for women who live in the Bordon, Alton, Liphook, Liss and Petersfield area.You will attend clinics at Badgerswood Practice, Mill Lane, Headley, GU35 8LH
- Rose Team for women registered with Guildowns Practice, Merrow Park Surgery, Austen Road & Fairlands Practice.
Also antenatal care for women registered with GPs in Woking, Haslemere, Send, East Horsley, Shere and Cobham
Continuity of Care Teams
Continuity of care midwives work in small teams caring for women from the first booking appointment until mother and baby are discharged at around ten days after birth. These teams are based at community hubs and provide antenatal and postnatal care 7 days a week. Our aim is that a midwife that you already know supports you in the hospital when you birth your baby.The teams cover the following areas:
- Surrey Meadows Team provides all midwifery care to women living in Cranleigh and surrounding villages. Routine appointments will be at Cranleigh Maternity and Early Years Hub, Cranleigh Village Hospital, 6 High Street, GU6 8AE. Telephone:01483 956621
- Surrey Rivers Team is for women registered with Woodbridge Hill Surgery, Dapdune Surgery and St Lukes Surgery. This team hold there clinics at Central Guildford Maternity Hub, Lawn Road, Guildford GU2 4AX. Telephone: 01483 956651
- Surrey Orchards Team provide continuity of care for women living in the Farnham, Aldershot, Ash and Fleet area based at the Health Suite, Farnham Memorial Hall, Babbs Mead, Farnham, GU9 7EE.
- Surrey Valleys Team provide continuity of care for women living in the Godalming area (those registered with Binscombe or Chiddingfold GP practices will be cared for by the Surrey Bluebells Team) at Godalming Maternity Hub, Eashing Building, St Marks and All Saints Primary School, Eashing Lane, GU7 2LF.
A caseload team is a small group of midwives who provide all your antenatal and post-natal care and support you at your birth.
- Homebirth Team – Surrey Hills. If you choose to have your baby at home this team will provide all your maternity care in the home and dedicated clinics. With the experience and expertise to provide the safest outcome for mother and baby the team passionately support women to have a positive homebirth experience. If you are considering homebirth and want to know if it is right for you and your baby, speak to your Royal Surrey midwife. Not registered with the Royal Surrey yet, then click on the Booking your birth with us button or email our Home Birth team email@example.com
- Surrey Bluebells provides all midwifery care to women registered at Binscombe Surgery or Chiddingfold Surgery. Antenatal and postnatal care from this team will either be at the Godalming Maternity Hub or in your own home. Our aim is that one of this team will support you in the hospital when you birth your baby.
Acorn Team provide midwifery care for women aged 20 years and under, offering bespoke antenatal and postnatal care in the home environment and in our antenatal clinic. This team support guide and prepare young women through their pregnancy and on to become a new Mum.
Birth and Beyond Antenatal Education Team run our complementary antenatal classes, virtual tours and paid for courses. With extensive midwifery experience, this team of registered midwives are qualified to teach a broad range of topics relating to pregnancy, birthing and your postnatal period. Holding specialist qualifications, the team also offers courses such as hypnobirthing and baby yoga. You can discover the complete range of courses on our Birth and Beyond page.
Infant Feeding Team led by a certified lactation consultant, this team of specialist midwives and trained infant feeding support workers help you navigate through new baby feeding challenges. This team provide guidance and support on infant feeding and bonding with your baby from birth at the hospital and alongside your midwife at your postnatal appointments. One-to-one appointments can be arranged by your midwife and drop in clinics are available, see @royalsurreymaternity for up to date information. If you have any questions or are experiencing problems call our 24 hr help line Call a Midwife 030012305473
Jasmine Team support women with mental health illness during pregnancy and the initial postnatal period. Three specialist perinatal mental health midwives and a specialist support worker liaise with local services and charities to provide tailored care. Talk to your midwife about a referral if you feel you would benefit from their service.
Specialist Clinical Teams
Anaesthetists: Our dedicated team of anaesthetists are the doctors who specialise in providing pain relief and anaesthesia. If you decide to have an epidural for pain relief, it will be given by an anaesthetist.
Obstetric Team: This is our team of doctors who specialise in care during pregnancy, labour and after birth. Our clinical directors Miss Caroline Everden and Miss Hema Ganesh lead our team of twelve consultants and junior doctors. You could be referred to an obstetrician if your midwife has concerns about your pregnancy, if you have had previous complications in pregnancy or have a long-term illness
Paediatric Team: Paediatricians are doctors that specialise in the care of babies and children. You may not see a paediatrician at all if your hospital stay is short or your birth is at home. A paediatrician may be present when your baby is born if you’ve had difficult labour and may check your baby after the birth to make sure everything is OK.