Contact Information and Opening Hours
Tel: (01483) 464153
Monday to Friday: 8am-12noon; 12 noon – 4pm
(Answerphone available during these times)
Monday 7.00am – 6.00pm
Tuesday 7.00am – 6.00pm
Wednesday 7.00am – 6.00pm
Thursday 7.30am – 6.00pm
Friday 7.00am – 4.00pm
(Answerphone may be available during these times)
The physiotherapy service based at the Royal Surrey County Hospital treats patients who require physiotherapy across a wide range of specialist areas. Treatment is provided in a variety of locations, including outpatients and in the community (leisure centres, village halls and in patients own homes).
The department is the locality NHS provider for direct access (GP) referrals for Guildford- set up in 11 specialist teams (often spanning inpatients and outpatients). Patients can be reassured of receiving the appropriate and ethical care for their specific conditions.
National Award Winners as part of the Respiratory Medicine COPD team
Regional Awards for Innovative Training; Health Professional of the Year & Ponseti team
Our physiotherapy department employs systems of clinical governance. The team continuously monitor and improve the quality of our services, patient care and safeguard a high standard of treatment.
- As a team we strive to treat patients as individuals, from a welcome at reception, throughout their treatment, to treat according to personal needs and shared outcome objectives.
- To respect every patient’s right to full consultation and partnership in consent decisions within the treatment process.
- To be professional and open regarding realistic outcomes of treatment
- To empower patients with the knowledge and skills to self manage as is practical following conclusion of their treatment
We continually strive to improve our service and welcome your suggestions to facilitate this.
Should you have any general queries or wish to provide feedback regarding our service or this webpage, please email us at the address: rsc-tr.physio-RSCH@nhs.net
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Care of the Elderly
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Respiratory Outpatients
- Physiotherapy Work Experience
- Health Professions Council
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Women’s Health
- Medical Physiotherapy
- Information for GPs