- Where are patients currently referred for diagnosis and treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Patients are referred to the sleep and home ventilation team which sits within Respiratory medicine at the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The decision re sleep study, nocturnal pulsox, study +/- PLMs is made at their first assessment/consultation which is a one stop clinic. If a sleep study is required the patient is fitted for an ambulatory (home) sleep study in that clinic.
- How many patients are referred annually for sleep diagnostics related to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea 658 in 2014/15, 563 in 2015/16 and 320 April – September 2016 this year
- What is the current waiting time for Sleep diagnostics related to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Waiting time for consultation appointment in Sleep/Endocrine clinic: 9 weeks
- Waiting time for consultation appointment in DD Sleep clinic: 10 weeks
- Waiting time for consultation appointment in KM Sleep clinic: 8 weeks
- What is the current waiting time for commencing CPAP therapy related to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea The patient is usually given an appointment to come back for results and set up on CPAP at their first appointment which is from next day to two weeks depending on availability. They are informed if the study is negative that they will receive a letter =/- a phone call to discuss the results.
- How many patients currently are using CPAP therapy for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
1026 patients on CPAP treatment at September 2016