- Haemato-oncology: treatment of blood and bone marrow cancers, such as lymphoma, leukaemia and multiple myeloma
* The treatments used at our centre are at the forefront of modern healthcare. As with all of our services, treatments depend on individual cases and the stage of cancer. This will be discussed in great detail with every patient by one of our team once a diagnosis has been made.
* We provide level 2b haematology treatment which includes treatment for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and Salvage high-grade lymphoma treatment
* We have a growing portfolio of clinical trials currently open
- General Haematology: management of benign blood disorders
- Haemostasis and thrombosis: disorders of the blood clotting system
- Anticoagulation: management of patients requiring thinning of their blood
- Provision of blood products for transfusion
- Our main practical procedures are: administration of chemotherapy, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, venesection and intrathecal chemotherapy.
All these services are delivered through a range of activities including outpatient clinics, day case care, inpatient care (haematology level 2b), multidisciplinary team meetings and consultative advice to hospital and primary care colleagues. A full clinical and laboratory on call service is also provided.