Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
Ear, Nose & Throat/ Head & Neck Surgery
- Patient-centred service, where we deal with patients individually offering them super-specialist service related to their condition in a short waiting time.
- Consultants are leaders in their fields of work and nationally and internationally renowned.
- Surgical and medical management for all the patients solely or in conjunction with colleagues in other departments.
This department is the ‘hub’ hospital of ENT services for a network of hospitals including the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Ashford and St Peter’s and Epsom hospitals.
All major (inpatient) surgery, on call and emergency services for these hospitals are performed in the Royal Surrey County Hospital, in addition to hosting the Head & Neck Cancer services.
Our department runs a multitude of specialist services including;
- A tertiary referral service for complex nasal and sinus conditions and managing allergic conditions in conjunction with our allergy colleagues.
- Specialist otology (ear) services.
- Specialist paediatric services
- A Head & Neck cancer service for Surrey and parts of Hampshire including tertiary referrals
- A comprehensive thyroid and parathyroid service with joint Endocrinolgy clinic
- Management of complex benign airway and swallow disorders.
- An on call specialist service onsite at the Royal Surrey from 0800 to 2030 hrs. This is available by referral from A&E or a GP
- Sinus Clinic
Specialty Manager – Sheena Merry
Consultant ENT surgeons:
Mr Robert Sudderick (Head and Neck and Thyroid surgeon and Clinical Lead)
Miss Pandora Hadfield (Paediatric ENT)
Mr Peter Valentine (Otology)
Miss Lisa Pitkin (Head and Neck and Thyroid Surgeon)
Mr Stephen Derbyshire (Head and Neck and Thyroid surgeon)
Mr San Sunkaraneni (Rhinology/Sinus Surgery)
Mr Simon Thorne (Rhinology & Paediatric ENT)
Honorary Consultant (Head and Neck and Thyroid surgeon) – Mr Paul Spraggs
For further information about our consultants, please use the Consultants’ A to Z directory
Department of Audiovesibular Medicine:
Consultant Audiovestibular Physician – Dr R. Srinivasa Raghavan
For more information about Audiovestibular Medicine please click here.
Tel 01483 464002
Clare Cowen (Secretary to Mr Sunkaraneni)
Tel 01483 406637
Secretary to Mr Sudderick, Miss Pitkin, Mr Spraggs
Tel 01483 571122 ext 4657