Hearing Aid Follow-Up Questionnaire
To complete your questionnaire, please click here
For further information:
- Adult hearing testing and hearing aid services
- Maintaining your hearing aids
- Private hearing aid dispensing
When you are fitted with new or upgraded hearing aids, you will always be offered an opportunity to review your progress with your hearing aids.
At the fitting appointment, you and the audiologist will decide which of the following options is best suited to you.
You will have five options:
- A review with an audiologist at RSCH or one of our outreach centres
- A review with an audiologist on the telephone
- You can be emailed a questionnaire after 3 months of wearing the hearing aid, which you can return to us by email
- You can download the questionnaire, from this website (please click here) which you can return to us by email
- You can take away the questionnaire to fill in ,and in 3 month’s time, return to us by post or email
If you an the Audiologist chose option 3-5, and you would like to see an audiologist, there is an option in Section 4 of the questionnaire to note that you require any further assistance with your hearing aids, and would like to see an Audiologist.
A member of the Audiology team will contact you in due course.
Our Walk-In Services
Daily walk-in sessions are available if your hearing aid was issued by the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. During the sessions you will be seen on a “first-come first-served” basis and they are run during the following times:
Monday: 1.00 – 2.30 pm
Tuesday: 9.00 – 10.30am
Wednesday: 9.00 – 10.30am
Thursday: 1.00 – 2.30pm
Friday: 9.00 – 10.30am
Please note these sessions are for adults only. Afternoons can be very busy clinics so may result in longer waiting times.
Each Audiologist is allocated 15 minutes per patient, if you require longer than this a further appointment will be arranged for you on another day.