1. How many nurses in the last two years has your trust recruited from inside the EU and how many from outside the European Union?
• From 2013 to present the Trust has recruited 113 nurses from inside the EU.
• From 2013 to present the Trust has recruited 60 nurses internationally.
• Recruitment in progress: from inside the EU 156 and internationally 96.
2. Where are these nurses from?
• EU nurses are from Spain, Portugal, Poland, Italy, Greece and Croatia.
• International nurses are from the Philippines.
3. Of these how many have secured work permits and have arrived in the UK?
• 60 have secured work permits and have arrived in the UK.
4. How many overseas nurses have you made job offers to outside of the EU, who have not yet secured work permits?
• 63 overseas nurses have been made offers, but they do not as yet have work permits. An additional 27 nurses have Certificates of Sponsorship and are currently applying for their visas.
5. What is the turn-over rate for nurses in your organisation?
• Turnover for nurses over last 12 months was 16.5%.
6. How many nurse vacancies do you currently have in your organisation?
• As of 30th September there were circa 200 nurse vacancies.
7. How many more nurses do you feel you will have to recruit from overseas over the next two years to provide safe dignified care to patients in your organisation?
• Approximately 100 overseas nurses.