1. Please tell me in which hospital department/s are the procedures
called Thoracentesis (Radiology, in an emergency – A & E/ wards) and Bronchoscopy (Endoscopy) usually in?
2. Please tell me if Thoracentesis and Bronchoscopy could be done by
nurses, for example in Resus or Acute departments? No
3. Please tell me if Thoracentesis (in an emergency) and Bronchoscopy (No) could be done by Resus or Acute department doctors?
4. Please tell me what specialised qualification and training is required
by nurses and doctors to conduct Thoracentesis (Dr. competency) and Bronchoscopy (Dr. competency)?
5. Please tell what circumstances / conditions are required before
Thoracentesis (Dr. review – diagnostic or therapeutic) and Bronchoscopy (as Thoracocentesis – BTS guidelines)?
6. Please tell me if Thoracentesis and Bronchoscopy helps against
aspiration developing into aspiration pneumonia and bronchopneumonia (depends on the clinical scenario, not normally)
7. Please tell me how many times chest x rays, chest ct scans, chest mri
scans and chest ultrasound scans of a patient is advisable inside 10 days (depends on the clinical scenario)?
8. Please tell me how many times Thoracentesis and Bronchoscopy in a
patient is advisable inside 10 days (depends on the clinical scenario)?
9. Please tell if sedation can be used to ease patients for Thoracentesis and Bronchoscopy? Yes