1. How many applications for Orthoptic work experience did your Trust receive in
a) Sept 2016 – Sept 2017
b) Sept 2017 – Sept 2018
The Trust has not received any requests specifically for Orthoptic work experience in the last four years. To clarify, we do not offer work experience to unqualified applicants, we offer work shadow.
2. How many applications resulted in a work experience placement? No applications received
3. What is the minimum age for work experience in Orthoptics? Minimum age of 16
4. Do applicants for work experience in Orthoptics require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check? Work shadow applicants do not need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, as they are accompanied at all times
5. What paperwork are applicants required to complete? Prospective applicants complete an application form, references are required
6. Are applicants required to complete an induction? Applicants will receive local induction and instructions of confidentiality.