1. Is there an electronic system used for the clinical management of in-patients? No.
- Does it include and connect all the clinical (nursing, medical, physiotherapy etc.) assessments, drug chart, MEWS chart and documentation electronically, or are they completed in paper and then scanned in?
- Is the same program used in all the clinical wards?
- Is this provided by an external supplier, or has it been developed internally? If it’s an external supplier, which company is it and what is the name of the program?
- Was the supplier chosen through a bidding process, and if yes, which other companies took part in it?
- How can I have a view of it?
- How much does it cost for purchase, service and technical support?
2. Are Electronic Medical Records operating in the Trust? No.
- Do they include and connect all the stages of a patient’s journey, from referral to discharge, including in-patient and out-patient spells and details?
3. Is the Trust operating with ‘preferred suppliers’, or could any supplier present a new product, after meeting the requirements of the ‘Suppliers Access Policy’? Yes – Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust does have preferred suppliers, however this does not prohibit the entrance of new suppliers unless it affects existing contractual arrangements. Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust does not have a ‘Suppliers Access Policy’