1. The number of elective operations carried out by the Trust in the following financial years:
2. The number of elective operations cancelled at the last minute* due to non-clinical reasons, in the following financial years: Please see spreadsheet.
NOTE: Please use NHS England’s standard definition of last minute cancellations, “Last minute means on the day the patient was due to arrive, after the patient has arrived in hospital or on the day of the operation or surgery.” See: https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/cancelled-elective-operations/
3. The number of elective operations cancelled at the last minute due to non-clinical reasons per financial year (2012/13 to 2016/17 inclusive), split into the following categories:
– Staff unavailable or sick (either anaesthetist, surgeon, theatre staff or other)
– Lack of available bed (either general or HDU, critical, or intensive care)
– Theatre list over-ran or no space on it (e.g. due to emergency case(s) coming in)
– Equipment missing / failure
– Any other reason
Please see spreadsheet.