Your hospital/trust was named by DH in April as one of the successful bidders for a share of the first tranche of £100m winter pressures A&E capital funding.
Please confirm whether any of this funding will be used to support/develop a primary care triage/streaming system/s at your emergency department.
If so, please provide the following details regarding funding from this bid award:
- name of emergency department/s;
- amount of funding expected to be allocated for primary care triage/streaming system/s;
- how capital funding allocated to your A&E primary care triage/streaming system/s will be spent (eg on premises alterations, IT systems etc);
- whether triage/streaming system already exists or is yet to be set up;
- how many FTE GPs are currently employed in your A&E primary care triage/streaming system/s; how many additional FTE GPs you expect to employ in the next 12 months in your A&E primary care triage/streaming system/s.
Additionally, please provide all plans, outline or draft plans submitted to DH with your trust’s bid/s for this funding.
This information is being withheld on the basis of the exemption contained within section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act (Commercial Interests). The Trust accepts that there is a public interest in how public money is spent; however there is also a need to withhold information that would prejudice the commercial interests of the Trust and/or third parties. In assessing the public interest, the Trust takes the view that this would be the case in this instance as the Trust is currently negotiating with third parties both on the scheme and the operating model.
However the Trust can confirm that there is currently a triage/streaming system nurse led and that no GPs are employed in the streaming system.