I am writing to you on behalf of YoungMinds, seeking information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 regarding budgets and expenditure on Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHs) and all-age mental health spend that relates to children and/or young adults. 

For the purposes of this request we define children and young adults as being between the ages of 0 and 25 years. 

1. The information request: 

Please can you provide us with the following information: 

  • the (a) budget and (b) expenditure for all mental health services.
  • the (a) budget and (b) expenditure for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) services (total spend) – if you attribute to a CAMHs Tier 1-4 please specify.
  • the (a) budget and (b) expenditure for mental health urgent and emergency care (including mental health crisis care) for children and young people – if only total spend is available please approximate proportion that is spent on children and young adults.
  • any additional, discretionary monies (a) budgeted for and (b) spent on child, adolescent or young adult mental health – please specify source. 

We are requesting information for the financial years: 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17. 

And if available – we are also requesting the projected budget (or settlement) for the financial years covering the remainder of Future in Mind and the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health, which includes: 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/2020, 2020/21. 

2. Clarifications:

If the requested information does not relate to your activity, please answer ‘not applicable’ (n/a). 

If you share a budget with another organisation, please specify: 

a. the name of the other organisation(s) (for example a Clinical Commissioning Group, Local Authority or NHS Trust). 

b. whether the expenditure / budget reported is the total amount of the shared budget, or your organisation’s contribution to the shared budget. 

The information requested would not be held by the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.  For this area, you would need to direct to Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust who provide the CAMHs services.

©2019 Royal Surrey County Hospital

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?