Welcome to Audiology Services at RSCH
The Audiology department has over 30 audiologists, dedicated Administrative support staff, a team of volunteers and close collaboration with an Audiological Physician, ENT surgeons, psychologists and physiotherapists.
We provide audiological care at different sites around Surrey and surrounding areas.
Located in Outpatients 7 (Level B)
or AUD 2 (Level A)
Please click on image to enlarge
We provide the following services:
- Adult hearing testing and hearing aid service
- Paediatric hearing testing and hearing aid service
- Balance testing and therapy service
- Tinnitus and hyperacusis therapy service
- Private hearing aid dispensing
Our Walk-In Services
Daily walk-in sessions are available if your hearing aid was issued by the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. During the sessions you will be seen on a “first-come first-served” basis and they are run during the following times:
Monday: 1.00 – 2.30 pm
Tuesday: 9.00 – 10.30am
Wednesday: 9.00 – 10.30am
Thursday: 1.00 – 2.30pm
Friday: 9.00 – 10.30am
Please note these sessions are for adults only. Afternoons can be very busy clinics so may result in longer waiting times.
Each Audiologist is allocated 15 minutes per patient, if you require longer than this a further appointment will be arranged for you on another day.
At walk-in sessions we can:
- Retube earmoulds– the tubing needs to be changed every 6 months
- Replace open fitting tube & dome
- Make slight adjustments to the sound of your hearing aid
- Make a new mould if appropriate
- Replace a faulty hearing aid
- Instruct on battery insertion, earmould insertion & use of the controls/programmes
- Give advice on assistive listening devices and communication strategies
- Provide information regarding support groups and other related services
During most of the walk-in sessions, there are also volunteers available who can re-tube your hearing aid.
What if I want a new hearing test and I am already a Royal Surrey County Hospital Audiology patient?
Unfortunately we cannot complete a hearing test on the walk in repair clinic as there is insufficient time to complete an accurate test. If you would like a new hearing test please do still attend the walk in repair clinic (or contact us for a booked repair slot). During the repair appointment we will check your ears are free of wax and arrange an appointment for you to have a hearing test within 6 weeks of your repair appointment.
The Audiology Department also provides hearing aid services at:
Woking Nuffield Health Hospital
Cranleigh Village Hospital
West Byfleet Health Centre
Please contact us at the Royal Surrey County Hospital on 01483 464108 or email rsc-tr.Audiology@nhs.net if you would prefer to be seen at one of our satellite clinics.
The Audiology Department
The Royal Surrey County Hospital
Telephone Number: 01483 464108