Please provide the following for the years 2010 to 2015 inclusive:
1. The names of the hospitals, clinics or other settings in which you provided acupuncture treatments. Acupuncture is provided by Physiotherapists at Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, GP Practices – The Mill Godalming, Cranleigh, Badgerswood and Forest surgeries Borden, Chiddingfold surgery, the Borders surgery.
2. The number of acupuncture treatments provided and the number of patients treated at each of these locations. Acupuncture is deemed to be one of the treatment options utilised by our therapists. We do not code by techniques applied and therefore impossible to give numbers of patients who have received this adjunct to their overall treatment.
3. The types of clinicians who provided these treatments, eg physiotherapists, doctors, acupuncturists. Chartered Physiotherapists only will provide acupuncture within our services.
4. The total cost of providing acupuncture treatments at each of these locations. Impossible to say due to the reasons stated in 1.
5. The cost of acupuncture needles purchased included in the total cost. The cost is included within the tariff for treatments/ referral. The most cost effective price for needles is always looked for. Acupuncture is not charged for individually.