1. How many desktop PC’s and laptops do you own? 2,250 PCs, 250 laptops
2. Of those many of these run the operating system Window’s XP? 39
3. In which areas, offices or departments are those machines that still run Windows XP being used? Pathology laboratories – interface machines to laboratory equipment, and also in the Trust Eye Clinic.
4. Is there any plan or policy to upgrade or change any existing Windows XP machines? If so what is the cost and timescale of this plan? Yes, within the next 3 months at a cost of approximately £5k.
5. What are the costs in the financial year 2015/16 for any on-going security support to running any remaining Windows XP machines? (For example, in the form of a contract with a technology company that is supplying support or a budget for costs associated with continuing Windows XP security). Zero