1. The number of people currently employed by the trust? The Trust has 3832 current members of staff excluding bank staff.
2. Who supplies you printer/copier/scanners across the trust? The Trust IT Department supplies these devices.
3: What make and model and how many of each of printers/copiers/scanners do you have in your main printroom and also across the trust?
4. How long are the print services contracts for? Not applicable
5. What print management software’s do you use across the trust? Windows
6. What scanning software’s do you use across the trust? Windows – software supplied with equipment.
7. Is it just this site that you do the printing for or is it other sites too? Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS FoundationTrust site only.
8. How much do you spend on printing services across the trust? £357,858
9. What is the overall cost of the managed print service contract? Not applicable
10. What document management software’s/systems do you use across the trust? Windip – Civica
11. What IT provider do you use? Not applicable
12. How long is the print room contract and when is the current print room contract due to end? Not applicable
13. Do you have an in house design department? No
14. Do you have a in-house mail room? No
15. Is the mail room contract outsourced or run by the trust ? The mail room is run by the Trust
16. What is the average/estimated monthly amount of the following.
A: Letters coming in to the post room? The Trust does not collate this information
B: Letters going out of the post room? Approx. 75,000 pcm
C: Parcels coming in to the post room? The Trust does not collate this information
D: Parcels going out of the post room? Approx 750 pcm
17. Is there any plans to scan and archive all the old patients files? The Trust is developing an outline business case.
18. If yes to question 17 what is the estimated amount of files? Not applicable
19. What is the overall yearly spend on stationary across the trust £741k
20. Have you considered 3D printing services? No
21. Does your post room make deliveries/collections to other sites and if so what sites? No
22. Does your print room make deliveries/collections to other sites and if so where? No
23. Also could you include the name, title, contact number, and email address for the people responsible for managing the print estate in the trust? Andy Hosier, Head of IT Service Operations. All contact should be made via the postal address for the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust as above.
24. Also could you include the name, title, contact number, and email address for the people responsible for managing the post room estate in the trust? Darren Bulley – Head of Facilities (Soft FM). All contact should be made via the postal address for the Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust as above.