1. How many bladder scanners are registered and in working order with your equipment library (or equivalent)? 22 units
2. How many ultrasound bladder scanners did your Trust buy in the 2015/16 financial year? 3 units
3. Is there a hospital training record for those healthcare workers that are trained to use ultrasound bladder scanners Training records are held at user / ward level.
4. Do you have a hospital policy which includes the indications for use of ultrasound bladder scanners across all departments and ward areas? No, there is no such Trustwide policy. The indications for use of ultrasound bladder scanners are based on professional clinical judgement. It is the Trust’s standard practice to bladder scan following a trial without catheter therefore a bladder scanner is used regularly on all wards for this purpose.
5. How many incontinences nurses or clinical nurse specialists are employed by your Trust? Zero
6. How many urology nurse specialists are employed by your Trust? The Trust currently employs 10 urology clinical nurse specialists.