I am researching temporary staffing processes within the NHS.
Please provide the following information:
1) Do you have a master vendor (MV) arrangement in place for the
supply of medical locums? No, the Trust does not have a master vendor arrangement.
If so please state the name of the provider used (Medacs, Holt, A&E Agency etc.) N/A
2) Please state the utilisation rate that has been achieved through
the master vendor in the last 12 months. This is the total value of
locum spend supplied by the master vendor itself in the last 12
months as a percentage of total locum spend in the same period. N/A
3) Does the trust use a direct engagement model to engage locum
staff? If so please state the name of the company used (Liaison
PwC, 247 Time, Brookson, HB Retinue, Medacs etc.)? Yes, Brookson
4) Do you run a weekly payroll for medical bank? No
5) Does the trust use rostering software (Allocate, Smart etc.)? If
so please state the name of the company used, and the total amount
that the trust has spent on rostering in 2014/15. Allocate is used to roster nursing staff and the annual support and maintenance cost is £22,162 per year.
Please provide all subsequent information split by the following
staffing categories. Please include all spend outside of the
specified categories as “other”.
– Nursing & HCA’s
– Medical & Dental
6) Please state the trusts expenditure on agency staff in 2014/15
split by the above staff categories.
|Sum of YTD_Actual|
|Pay Cat 2||Agency|
|Administration & Estates||1,814,084.88|
|Medical and Dental||4,272,922.19|
|Nursing, Midwifery & Health Visiting||8,299,594.92|
|Professional & Technical (PTB)||1,478,737.86|
|Scientific & Professional||175,458.02|
Please note that all categories of agency staff have been provided due to the broad definition of AHPs.
7) Please state the total spent on internal bank staff in 2014/15,
split by the above staff categories. This is the total paid to
workers completing shifts via the trust bank, excluding any costs
to 3rd parties. Please do not include any spend on outsourced bank
|Sum of YTD_Actual|
|Pay Cat 2||Bank||Locum|
|Administration & Estates||2,605,781.15|
|Medical and Dental||4,034,626.41|
|Nursing, Midwifery & Health Visiting||7,924,390.31|
|Professional & Technical (PTB)||935,280.71|
Please note that all categories of internal bank staff have been provided due to the broad definition of AHPs.
8) Please state the total number of staff signed up to the trust’s
internal bank, split by the above categories.
|Medical & Dental||112|
|Nursing & HCAs||1563|
9) Of the above figure, please state the total number of staff
signed up to the bank who also work as substantive staff at the
trust. I.e. Staff that hold substantive contracts but have also
completed shifts via the internal bank.
|Medical & Dental||6|
|Nursing & HCAs||1216|
10) Does the trust outsource the supply of any bank staff to third
parties such as NHS Professionals, Bank Partners, etc.? If so
please specify the name of the company used and the staffing
categories supplied by the 3rd party. No
11) Does the trust use any third party tech solutions to manage
internal bank staff (de Poel, HB Retinue, Liaison, Holt, 247 Time
etc.)? If so please specify the name of the company used and the
staffing categories managed through the tech solution. No
12) Do you use any suppliers or systems to manage the release of
vacancies to agencies and bank workers? If so please state the name
of the company used and the staffing categories managed. If you use
different suppliers/systems for different staffing categories,
please specify. Allocate Healthroster system.