The Royal Surrey provides both diagnostic and ongoing monitoring services for patients with sleep disorders enabling them to be managed locally.
The team is led by the respiratory consultants and includes specialist physiotherapists, nurses, occupational therapists and support staff.
What we offer
Insomnia clinic providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBTi)
Full outpatient assessment with home sleep study on the same night.
- Assessment and treatment of insomnia.
- Commencement of CPAP therapy on same day as receiving results of sleep study where indicated for patients diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Further investigations and/or onward referral where a more complex sleep disorder is suspected or diagnosed.
- Ongoing monitoring and support for patients to maximise compliance and the benefits of treatment.
- Dedicated phone line for support, advice and replacement parts.
- Yearly follow up for compliance check and maintenance of equipment.
Referrals and Indications for referral
We are happy to accept referrals for both new patients and those already on CPAP treatment, who would like to transfer to our services, such as those currently managed by tertiary centres in London.
Referrals may be sent by post, fax or be made via Choose & Book. They may also be emailed to email@example.com
Please telephone for urgent referrals.
Please call us if you would like to discuss any referral on the number below.
Indication for referral:
History of witnessed apnoeas
Nocturnal symptoms such as waking gasping or choking
Prior to referral it would be helpful to have the following:
Epworth Sleepiness Score
FBC, thyroid function and HbA1c