2015 Guildford Advanced Pain & Symptom Management
Our 4th Guildford Advanced Pain & Symptom Management Courses will be held on 1st – 2nd September 2015 in Guildford and 10th – 11th September 2015 in Manchester.
The aim of this 2 day advanced course is to provide delegates with an up-to-date, evidence-based review of the management of pain and other common symptoms. The topics have been chosen because of their impact on the patients’ quality of life, and the lecturers chosen because of their knowledge of the subject matter.
The course has been developed to address the educational needs of CNSs in palliative care, SpRs in Palliative Medicine and Consultants in Palliative Medicine.
- Boland – Is morphine still the gold standard
- Davies – Evidence based management of Constipation
- Davies – Other Symptoms
- Davies – Pain
- Davies – Update on Buprenorphine
- Dickman – Other Symptoms
- Dickman – Pain
- Dickman Update on Ketamine
- Dieppe – Placebo Response
- Farquhar-Smith – Neuropathic Pain
- Gannon – Up date on Octreotide
- Laird – Bone Pain
- Lewington – Management of anaemia in advance cancer
- Marlow – Nausea 7 Vomiting
- Peel – Clinically assisted nutrition in advanced disease
- Webber – Assessment of Pain