Nutrition and dietetics
Nutritional services, support and education at the Royal Surrey
- We provide inpatient services to all of the wards at the Royal Surrey, Haslemere District Hospital, Milford Hospital and Milford Diagnostic and Rehab Centre
- We accept direct GP referrals, consultant and private patient referrals for our hospital outpatient clinics for adults and children
- We have Specialist Dietitians working in the following areas:
Intensive care and the Nutrition support team
General oncology and haematology-oncology
Head and neck
Gastroenterology and allergy
Stroke and lipid management
- We support patients through their cancer journey at St Luke’s Cancer Centre
- We are part of the Macmillan Aftercare and Rehabilitation Services for head and neck cancer patients across the region
- We provide dietetic support to patients at the Guildford Nuffield Hospital and BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
- We have clinics for patients with diabetes at their local GP surgery within the Guildford and Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group
- We delivery education sessions for staff, patients and the local population
- We liaise with Medirest (RSCH catering) to advise on special diets for hospital inpatients.
- 01483 464119
- Our office hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm
- There is an answerphone
- Our team office is located on Level G between SCBU and the Clinical Investigation Unit.
- We work across all the wards in the hospital.
- The majority of our outpatient clinics are on Level B.
Therapies Lead – Deborah Hughes
Head of Dietetics – Tanya Klopper
Office Manager – Julie Holding
- The Association of UK Dietitans: https://www.bda.uk.com/
- The Health and Care Professions Council: http://www.hcpc-uk.co.uk/
- Trust a Dietitian: http://www.trustadietitian.co.uk/
- NHS Choices Live Well: http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/Pages/Livewellhub.aspx
- Diabetes UK: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/
- Coeliac UK: https://www.coeliac.org.uk/home/
- Macmillan Cancer Support: http://www.macmillan.org.uk/