- A well established and successful breast unit, located on Level H, Castle Outpatients
- We see anyone referred with breast symptoms within two weeks
- Excellent diagnostic service with most tests completed at your first visit
- Experienced consultant breast surgeons offering range of oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery in specialist theatre
- Minimal one-stop surgery to armpit glands (SLNB and OSNA)
- St Luke’s Cancer Centre on site for chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Family History expertise and gene carrier clinics
- Excellent supportive care for patients and their families, team of specialist breast care specialist nurses and holistic care at Fountain Centre
We are a well established and successful breast unit with a full team of staff available to offer care to women and men with a range of breast problems.
Our main focus is breast cancer and we treat around 300 new patients each year. We have close links with the breast screening service based at the Jarvis centre in Guildford. Patients are referred by their GP or may come from further afield seeking our particular skills. We see anyone referred with breast symptoms within two weeks. If you would like to be seen by our team please ask your GP to refer you or contact the breast care nurses for advice.
We offer an excellent diagnostic service, with all diagnostic tests usually completed at your first visit. This includes fully digital mammography, ultrasound, clinical history and examination, as well as biopsy if necessary. Breast MRI is also available if required. All patients will be seen by one of our clinicians for assessment and explanation of the investigations and possible outcomes.
To find out what to expect when you come to the Breast Clinic, please click here.