Short Stay Surgical Unit
- The unit has treated over 35,000 patients since opening in 2002
- It employs 18 skilled & dedicated nurses & support workers
- We successfully combine efficiency with empathy
Where to find us
The Short Stay Surgical Unit is situated at the front of the hospital and is open from 07.30 on Monday until midday on Saturday.
The Unit designed to accommodate patients who need surgery that does not require a stay in hospital of more than 24 hours – many patients are able to go home on the same day as their surgery.
The unit is attached to the main hospital operating department where a wide range of operations are undertaken every day by specialist surgeons using either general or local anaesthesia.
- Breast surgery
- Ear Nose & Throat surgery
- General surgery
- Gynaecological surgery
- Maxillo Facial surgery
- Eye surgery
- Oral surgery
- Urology (including lithotripsy)
The Short Stay Surgical Unit also accommodates patients who require monitoring after an investigation or endoscopy
Manager – Miss Clare Tickner
Lead Clinician – Dr Tony Lucas
Senior Ward Sister – Mrs Jenny Jeffery