- 85% of elective surgery carried out as day surgery
- Royal Surrey in top 5% of hospitals for volume of day surgery cases
- Charter mark for exceptional provision of care
The Day Surgery Unit is a purpose-built, state of the art department situated at the back of the hospital. The unit cannot easily be reached from the front entrance to the hospital so please follow signs for the “Day Surgery Unit”, which is past the car parks and in the last building on the left.
Pay and display parking is available outside the unit.
The Unit has a comfortable area for you to wait in and facilities available before and after surgery include:
- A television room for use while you wait, with some satellite channels
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Complimentary biscuits and sandwiches for patients
- Vending machines in the reception area, containing soft drinks and snacks
RSCH Day Surgery Download | 24.5 KB
A downloadable document for patients wanting more information.
Please telephone the Day Surgery Unit between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday if you have any questions.