As we all know, there are patients who have to remain in hospital over the festive period and some of them have no family visits during their stay.
With your help, we can surprise and delight those patients making it a little special as they receive a gift to open on Christmas morning.
Getting involved is easy! Simply donate a decorated shoe box containing a few items from the list below:
- Scarves and hats
- Magazines and puzzle books
- Knitted knee blankets
- Postcards of pretty scenes inside picture frames (perhaps of Guildford and the surrounding villages)
- Simple soap, hand cream and shower gel
- Cotton handkerchiefs
- Nail varnish
- Colouring books for adults and pencils
- Small interest books on subjects such as sport/crafts/natural history/famous people through history
All boxes would need to remain unsealed and labelled with whether they are for a male or female – or whether they could be for either.
Please bring your donated boxes to the Fundraising Office at the hospital by Friday 16th December (located just inside the main entrance on the right hand side).
Louise Stead, Director of Nursing and Patient Experience said: “No-one wants to spend Christmas in hospital and for some of our most vulnerable patients this small gesture will mean so very much.”
If you need any more information, please contact Sarah Ferris on 01483 464146 or by email at:
As always, thank you to everyone for your continued support!