Throughout the hospital, ward donations are regularly used to purchase both additional and more advanced equipment which improves the care the clinical staff can provide.
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, the following items have been purchased:
- Twenty Chemotherapy Pumps for Chilworth Ward to help reduce the time patients are waiting for treatment. £48k
- A Vital Signs Monitor and Cooling equipment to assist in the treatment of babies in our Special care Baby Unit. £20k
- An additional Isolator for Pharmacy (Oncology), providing continuous and complete isolation of the environment for chemotherapy medicine preparation. £17k
Other purchases have included:
- A Temporal Thermometer (£370)
- Touch Tablets (£50 each)
- Mobile Drip Stands (£100 each)
- Blood Pressure Monitors (£3k)
- A wall hanging television to keep patients entertained (£500).
Plus, 2016 saw the opening of the Tomosynthesis Suite and the launch of the tomosynthesis machine, a new machine that helps detect breast cancer earlier. A huge thank you to all our supporters who helped us raise in excess of £500K.