1. Do you currently have a strategy in place to reduce waiting times between arrival and being seen, for outpatients having elective treatment/surgery? – No
2. How are you measuring its implementation? – Patient level reporting and departmental performance meetings.
3. What maximum waiting room time targets do you have in place? – Departments have individual waiting time targets depending on the specialty, sub specialty and case mix.
4. How have you performed against those targets for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 to date? – There is no specific data available with targets to show performance
5. Who is responsible for setting those targets? – Chief Operating Officer and a Head of Performance.
6. How many official customer complaints did you receive in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 to date about waiting room times, or poor outpatient experience? Zero
7. Do you currently deploy any of the following for managing outpatient check in and outpatient flow at the hospital?
- Receptionist/manned desk – Yes.
- Paper ticket queue management dispenser – No.
- Queue management display screen and audio to call patients – Areas have patient screens available to view in the waiting areas.
- Self-service kiosk to notify arrival for appointments, or ask for help – Yes, for arrival only.
- iPad/tablet station – No
- Ability to check in with smartphone – No
- Other: please specify ____________________