In Reference To: Mobile Device Usage and Airtime
1) Please confirm the number of mobile phones or smartphones that are in use by the organisation. This information is intended for future publication. Please check back to our FOI disclosure log found on http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk/freedom-of-information/
2) The Name of the Organisation who acts as your mobile airtime service provider. (If multiple contracts are set up please confirm each specific provider). This information is intended for future publication. Please check back to our FOI disclosure log found on http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk/freedom-of-information/
2.1) please confirm;
(a) the date the aforementioned contract(s) started.
(b) the date the aforementioned contract(s) ends.
(c) the date the contract(s) will be reviewed (prior to termination / new contract).
Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust does not have a formal contract in place. Mobile phones are purchased on an ad-hoc basis on the framework.
3) Are mobile phones and smart phones purchased separately or ‘bundled’ as part of the airtime agreement (via a technology fund for example)? Separately.
3.1) If handsets are procured separately, please provide details of how many mobile phones or smart phones have been purchased during the previous three years. (Please detail physical number of devices acquired.) This information is not recorded centrally.
3.2) If Handsets are procured separately please could you confirm if the devices are leased, rented or purchased outright. This information is not recorded centrally.
3.3) Does the organisation make ad-hoc purchases for Handsets during the normal contractual term. Yes.
3.4) Is the procurement process under a specific framework or does the organisation work independently of such a framework? Please provide details of framework if necessary.
4) What happens to mobile devices (Phones and Tablets) at the end of the contract term, or alternatively at the point of retirement? The contract will roll over but if the user leaves there will be a handover to their replacement.
5) Please provide full details of the person who is ultimately responsible for the Airtime Contact. (Please include: Name, Position, E-mail address, Contact Phone Number. Office Location). Head of IT Operations.
6) Please provide full details of the person who is ultimately responsible for the Procurement of Mobile Devices. (Please include: Name, Position, E-mail address, Contact Phone Number. Office Location. The decision is ward/department based.
7) What is the current method for Insuring your mobile devices in the event of loss, damage or theft? This information is not recorded centrally.