1. What is your annual IT Infrastructure Budget for 2016, 2017 & 2018?
- 2015/16 = £2,000,000
- 2016/17 = £600,000
- 2017/18 = £150,000
2. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
- EMC & HP (Store virtual)
3. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)? (Month/year) 4. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year) 5. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
- EMC VNX = 01\2012 HP = 04\2015
6. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
- EMC = 140tb HP = 95tb
7. The total number of IT staff employed by the organization:
8. Please list and provide contact details for the IT senior management team including CIO, IT Director and Infrastructure Architects if applicable:
- Mark Taglietti, Associate Director of IT
9. Please confirm if you are utilising desktop virtualisation technologies and if so how many users do you provide services for?
- Citrix Zenapps 300 Users
10. What backup software do you use?
- Arcserver UDP
11. How much data do you backup in TB?
12. Number of servers?
13. What operating system(s) do you use?
14. Number of virtualised servers?
15. What percentage of your environment is virtualised?
16. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
- Datrix – (Networks)
17. Please also name all of the IT re-sellers that you work with and buy from, as well as the frameworks that you use for the release of any tenders etc.
- Dell, Insight, Pervasive, Datrix
18. Please also approximate the time spent managing your IT systems, specifically storage, per week in the unit of man hours. Also approximate the amount of time taken carving out LUNs and/or Volumes.
- IT Systems = 230 Storage 35
19. Please list any and all pain points that the IT teams, and organisation as a whole, experience with regard to the storage and usage of the virtualised workloads.
- IT Infrastructure
20. How is your storage connected, i.e. via Fibre Channel, Ethernet (NFS or ISCSi). If your storage is currently connected via Fibre Channel, do you have access to 10 GB Ethernet, or 1 GB ethernet, and if so, please declare which.
- ISCSI We have 10gb.