1) Does your occupational health department have any departmental guidelines relating to pregnant staff who work in theatre, in order to protect the health of the mother and baby from radiation and other harmful substances?
Occupational Health follows Trust Guidelines relating pregnant to staff who work in theatre. This is covered by the Maternity Policy, New and Expectant Mothers Policy and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Policy.
2) If yes to (1), please provide these guidelines or policies in full as a single PDF.
I have attached these guidelines for reference.
3. Does your theatre department have any department-specific guidelines for pregnant staff who work in theatre, in order to protect the health of the mother and baby from radiation and other harmful substances?
Theatres do not have specific departmental guidelines pertaining to pregnant staff that work in theatres, Trust guidelines and Policy is followed. Each member of staff is risk assessed and the risk assessment is added to their personnel file. Where it is possible to mitigate / reduce the exposure to radiation or harmful substances then appropriate action or changes are made to their working environment/practice.
4. If yes to (3), please provide these guidelines or policies in full as a single PDF.
5. If no internal guidelines are available, does your Trust use any external guidelines (from Royal Colleges, etc) relating to pregnant staff who work in theatres?