I am writing to request data (under the UK Freedom of Information Act) on Ophthalmology procedures performed at hospitals that are commissioned at your trust. I have tried to find this data through HSCIC published data but it is unavailable.
Therefore, I would like to request the following:
- Catchment population of your trust by age (in brackets of 10 years) – e.g. total of 250,000 people of which 20,000 are within 10-20 years old
- Number of patients in each age bracket of 10 years (e.g. 50-60, 60-70) undergoing cataract surgery.
This data is not collated by the Trust.
- Source of referrals (GP, optician, hospital, other) for cataract surgery for each financial year between 2006 and 2016 See spreadsheet below. Please note that the Trust Information systems do not hold data prior to 2008.Cataract Surgery
- Has e-Referrals (i.e. choose and book) been implemented? Yes
- What is the nature of your referral management system (if any)? All Ophthalmology referrals are triaged by senior nurses and, if necessary, by doctors and then passed to Outpatients for booking.
- How many referrals by GPs, Opticians, Hospital Doctors or Others are received by the referral management system for cataract surgery, and how many of these are declined? This data is not centrally collated by the Trust.
- Mean and median waiting times from referral to cataract surgery for each financial year between 2006 and 2016 See spreadsheet above.
- Total volume of injections for macular degeneration performed per financial year – between 2006 and 2016
- If recorded, please also provide number of unique patients receiving injections per financial year
Please note that the Trust Pharmacy system only holds 2 years of data as below:
|Total Number of Issues OPHTHALMOLOGY|
|Number of Patients||Units Issued|
|2014-15||2015-16||2016-17 (2 months)||2014-15||2015-16||2016-17 (2 months)|