1. Does the Trust have a policy for complex discharges? The Trust does not specify complexity of discharge – all discharges are treated with the same urgency.
2. If yes, is it publicly available and how can it be accessed? The booklet entitled “Getting Ready to Leave Hospital” is provided by the Trust to all inpatients, a copy of which is available on the Trust website via the following link:
3. How many complex discharges were there in 2015? This data is not collated as all discharges are treated equally.
4. What was the proportion of complex discharges compared to the total number of discharges? This data is not collated as all discharges are treated equally.
5. On average, how long did the process take from the decision to discharge to the discharge taking place? This data is not routinely collated. However, for the year July 2015 to July 2016 a sample of 120 patients has been reviewed resulting in the average number of days from decision to discharge to final discharge being 7.2 days.
6. On average, how long did it take to define the care plan? Care plans are defined in MDT (Multi-Disciplinary Team) meetings as an ongoing process.
7. On average, how long did it take to implement the care plan once it had been defined? Same day
8. How many discharges took more than two weeks? This data not collated centrally. However, for the year July 2015 to July 2016 of the sample reviewed (120 patients) 17 discharges took more than two weeks.