Speech and Language Therapy
The community Speech and Language Therapy Team provides assessment, advice, support and therapy for adults with a range of speech, communication and swallowing disorders. These may be the result of:
• Motor Neurone Disease
• Parkinson’s Disease
• And a wide range of other neurological and medical conditions.
We have specialist skills to manage people who, as a result of one of these conditions, have developed:
• Dysarthria (slurred speech)
• Dysphasia/aphasia (difficulties with language and words)
• Dyspraxia (coordination difficulties)
• Dysphagia (swallowing disorders which can lead to aspiration of food and drink and other health consequences)
When you are referred to our service, you will receive a specialist assessment, explanation of your condition, support and advice, and where appropriate, an individually tailored treatment programme to maximise recovery and maintain function in a range of medical conditions. This will be provided in a range of community settings or in your home .