Continence Specialist Nurse Service
The Continence Specialist Nurse is part of the wider community nursing service in Guildford and Waverley who works with patients, carers, GP’s, practice nurses, other specialist nurses and consultants to improve the quality of life for people with continence problems. The service aims to optimise health and wellbeing for individuals through specialist advice, support and treatment to optimise your health and wellbeing at home to maintain dignity and to support people in their own home setting.
The Continence Nurse Specialist Service includes:
• Assessment and care planning to develop and agree individual goals
• Post hospital discharge review and assessment
• Optimisation of and medication review and advice
• Support, management and advice of deterioration in condition
• Education and advice to support people with treatment and self-management strategies at home
• Continence assessments in conjunction with District Nurse team and Nursing Homes
The service is available for adults aged over 18 who are registered with a G&W GP. This would be following a referral from your GP, hospital specialist consultant or other health / social care professional where you would benefit from nursing assessment for continence, care planning and treatment at home or in a local community clinic. Following your initial assessment at home or in a local community clinic, you and your carer are able to contact the community continence nurse or District Nurse team directly.
The service operates Monday to Friday 09:00 to17:00, excluding Bank Holidays.