I am an elected Governor for Guildford (see my blog http://raygovrsch.blogspot.co.uk).
I chair the Patient Experience Committee and Performance Working Group.
More important I try to be close to patients:
- Speaking with patients in the Eye Clinic (reporting bad experience spurred the clinic rebuild)
- Organising inspections for cleanliness and maintenance
- Capturing experience of patients in St Luke’s
- first a medical physicist;
- then Director of UK body responsible for medical devices;
- finally Director, Department of Health, responsible for information management and IT in the NHS.
I was responsible for performance indicators in the NHS, experience I try to apply e.g. to
- cancer survival
- cancer waits
- deaths for venous thrombo embolisms
- hospital audits